El Galleon Dive Resort
Guest Comments -- El Galleon Resort
"Hi Tina. Just wanted to let you know we returned last evening from our trip to El Galleon Resort, Puerto Galera. Thanks for your help, we did not miss one connection. Our trip to Verde Island was a great success...hardly any current and wonderful visibility. The whole diving experience was fabulous. El Galleon's new dive/boat dock is incredible. Other than the extended travel involved, I would make this an annual trip. El Galleon really runs a first class operation. Sharon "Kay" Callander -- Baton Rouge, LA
"Fabulous biological diversity with differing reef settings and outstanding macro fauna. Great food and plenty of it with five-star service from dive masters to camera housing service and everything in between." Jeff Knoop -- Marquette, MI
"Dive operation superb, best I have ever experienced, extremely well organized. The entire dive staff waited on us hand and foot; they would probably have carried me to the dive boat had I asked. Extremely careful with equipment and camera gear. Most dives were over an hour bottom time or longer, with night dives upon request." Deb Berglund -- Bozeman, MT
"Hi Tina. I just wanted to thank you for booking our trip to El Galleon Resort, we had a great time there! They have completed their new dive shop area over the water which is HUGE and fantastic. It has storage bins with numbers for each diver, great drying racks outside and a hot shower! We really enjoyed our diveguide Ally, a fellow Canadian. Also liked Pete and Jamie. We saw lots of great critters including frogfish, and on our last dive a thorny seahorse -- yeah! The food was great; they even got me fresh brocolli that I requested. Total dives at El Galleon, 33, definitely a success!" Maxine R.Read more: Comments from recent El Galleon guests
El Galleon Dive Resort -- Renowned for its peaceful beachfront surroundings El Galleon is on Small Lalaguna Beach, Puerto Galera. Thirty air-conditioned rooms have been constructed on the tropical hillside all in keeping with the areas natural beauty. With views of Sabang Bay and Small Lalaguna beach, each room is complete with a fully stocked mini-bar, hot & water, and hotel amenities. All rooms have both a/c unit and ceiling fan.
Lodging, Meals, and Diving -- Best of all, Island Dreams' packages at El Galleon Dive Resort include your lodging, three daily meals, and up to four boat dives per day. You can even add a night boat dive for only $46 more.
Note: There is no refund for unused portions of package. Transfers, beverages, bar bill, and other items of a personal nature are at the guest's additional expense. Please find package pricing table below.
- Budget room (4) -- For those that are looking for comfort but without the view and fuss. These rooms come with a queen size bed, air-conditioning, mini bar and the bathrooms are like grand dad used to own, old yet still charming.
- Poolside room (12) -- Step outside your room and drop into the pool. The poolside rooms are equipped with a queen size bed, air-conditioning, mini bar and storage space, our bathrooms all have hot water and a vanity area.
- Seaview room (10) -- El Galleon's most requested rooms are the sea view rooms all with fantastic water front views. All sea view rooms are fitted out with a queen size bed, mini bar, air-conditioning and storage space and all bathrooms are equipped with hot water and a vanity area. Please note that a few of the Seaview rooms are at the front of the property, very close to the restaurant and dive shop. Others, with the best view, are at the top of the hillside and require some stair climbing to reach.
- Family room (3) -- El Galleon's family rooms are all capable of one or two extra beds; they come with one queen size bed (extra beds on request) air-conditioning, mini bar and comfortable bathrooms with vanity area.
- Penthouse (1) -- Luxury one bedroom apartment with private kitchen and large private balcony and a joining living room with a spectacular sea view. Your home away from home.
- Conference Room (1) -- Situated above the restaurant it's the perfect place to combine business and pleasure. Seating for 25 people, fully aircon with slide projector, TV/Video & Whiteboard.
- Staff -- El Galleon's helpful and attentive staff is always on hand, whether you're relaxing by our fresh water swimming pool or enjoy a game of pool.
- Computers and Internet Access -- El Galleon offers complimentary wireless internet access in the restaurant area. For those traveling without a laptop computers with Internet connection are provided near the conference room.
Restaurant -- El Galleon's restaurant, with seating that extends to the water's edge, is one of the most popular in Puerto Galera. Under the capable hand of French Chef Antoine, the restaurant offers a creative combination of local and European-style cuisine. New additions to El Galleon's menu include lovely fresh salads, and pizza's cooked to order in El Galleon's new professional pizza oven.See report and photos of El Galleon's new kitchen.
Partying in the Point Bar -- Overlooking the ocean, El Galleon's Point Bar is the perfect place to enjoy a beer, a cocktail, or shooters all around. At the Point there is no closing time. This bar is open as long as you want it to be!
Asia Divers -- Located in-house at El Galleon, Asia Divers is the Philippines first PADI/CDC dive center. All dives are guided by experienced Instructors or Divemasters who lead the dive in the water giving you the best of each site, including areas not frequented by other operations. Briefings include detailed 'Naturalist' aspects of each site. Dives are planned using the Recreational Dive Planner and/or your dive computer. All guides carry surface marker buoys and storm whistles. Some of the best diving in Asia, over 30 sites, are all within 15 minutes travel from the resort. There are dives suitable for all experience levels. It adds to diver comfort that the dive boat is generally able to return to dock between most dives. The exception to this would be the two or three-tank trips to Verde Island.
See report and photos of Asia Divers' excellent new dive boat.
Asia Divers offers at least five scheduled dives a day. Usual boat dive departure times are 8am, 10:30am, 1:30pm & 4pm, with a choice of dive sites at each departure. The night dive goes out around 6 pm, generally to nearby Puerto Galera Bay. Diving is organized in small groups (six divers or less per boat) from local Bangka (outrigger) boats. Diving is conducted all year round, every day of the week. Over the course of the year, water temperatures range between 23c and 30c. The coldest months being December through February. Visibility usually at least 18-20m (up to 40m). Please note that you must produce a logbook and certification card before diving.
Tech Asia -- Tech Asia is a division of Asia Divers, providing quality training and support for Technical Diving at all levels. Courses offered run from the basics of Nitrox diving, to full Trimix, Wreck, Gas Blender and Instructor Programs. Additionally, Tech Asia supports Wreck and Cave diving, both locally and with international expedition level travel. Training is provided by Dave Ross ( IANTD programs to Trimix and Instructor and DSAT Gas Blender) and Sam Collett ( IANTD and DSAT Trimix, IANTD Wreck, DPV and Rebreather courses ).
|El Galleon Dive Resort - Puerto Galera, Philippines
Pricing valid to May 31, 2022
|Select your duration of stay
and preferred lodging style
|7 nights lodging and meals,
with 6 days of boat diving
|Poolside Room||$1680||$1344||$ 711|
|Seaview Room||$1855||$1432||$ 791|
|10 nights lodging and meals,
with 9 days of boat diving
|14 nights lodging and meals,
with 13 days of boat diving
Packages include: Lodging, hotel tax, three meals daily, and up to five boat dives per day with Asia Divers.
Rates are per person, based on the occupancy indicated. No refund for unused portions of package.
Airfare is not included. Airport/hotel transfers are additional. Call for pricing options.
Beverages, bar bill, and other items of a personal nature are at additional expense.
All prices and inclusions are subject to change.
Transfers to El Galleon -- Transfer from Manila (pickup at either airport or your Manila hotel) to El Galleon Dive Resort is easily arranged. The land transfer from Manila to Batangas will take about two (2) hours, and the boat transfer forward to Puerto Galera and El Galleon, approximately one (1) hour more. Contact Island Dreams for pricing.
Outbound Transfer Schedule -- El Galleon operates the transfer on a 24-hour basis, depending on demand, and weather permitting. You should calculate to depart the resort at least six hours prior to your scheduled flight departure time in Manila. So to some extent, it's a matter of how early in the morning you are interested in waking up and heading out on the water for the one-hour boat ride back to Batangas; two+ hour drive to the airport, etc. Also keep in mind that, during the week, morning rush-hour heading into Manila can create considerable delays. So don't cut it too close for comfort.
Other Activities -- If diving, eating, sleeping, forays into town, and visits to the Point Bar are not enough to keep you busy, Puerto Galera also has a 9-hole golf course, sunset cruises, ATV and motorcycle rentals, kayaking, and a friendly Hash House Harriers group.Additional Resources