| Island Dreams Travel
Terms and Conditions of Sale
NOTE: If you are a responsible diver and traveler, we look forward to the pleasure of serving you. However, if you are not willing to abide by the following Terms and Conditions, or if you are unwilling to personally accept responsibility for your own actions, personal liability and well-being, both underwater and above, then please DO NOT make use of the services of Island Dreams.
Island Dreams, Inc., dba Island Dreams Travel, will provide services based on these Terms and Conditions. The clients' acceptance of verbal or written confirmation, and/or a deposit or final payment for services, constitutes clear and binding acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Please note that airfares are subject to change until ticketed. Prices in the travel industry are in a constant state of flux. While we do our utmost to maintain stability and accuracy in pricing, all prices indicated in Island Dreams' Web Pages, and printed brochures, are subject to change without notice.
- Please read and understand: Your Responsibility as a Traveler and a Diver
Deposit and Payment Schedules -- Individual Travel (FIT)
- Initial Deposit: A deposit in the amount of 1/3 of total invoice is required to confirm your booking.
- Final Payment: Payment in full is required 60 days prior to commencement of travel.
- FIT Cancellations: For individual travel bookings, cancellations made 60 or more days prior to departure will be refunded less a $100 per person Island Dreams' service fee. Cancellations made within 60 days of departure are subject to a $300 per person Island Dreams' service fee. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to departure are fully non-refundable.
Deposit and Payment Schedules -- Island Dreams Conducted Group Tours
- Diving Accident Insurance is Mandatory: All group tour participants must show proof of current diving accident insurance coverage. This would be DAN Insurance or commensurate.
- Initial Deposit: A deposit in the amount of $750 per traveler is required to confirm your booking.
- 50% of Invoice: At 12-months prior to departure, a deposit equaling 50% of total the invoice is required to maintain your booking.
- Final Payment: Payment in full is required 120 days prior to commencement of travel.
- Group Tour Cancellations: Cancellations to a group tour booking more than 12-months prior to departure will incur a $100 per person cancellation fee. Inside 12-months prior to departure, group tour deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellation must be received in writing.
- No refund or transfer for any unused portion of a package is permitted.
- Other Fees: In addition to Island Dreams' cancellation fees, the client is responsible for any and all penalties assessed by the resort, dive operator, airlines, and any other service providers. Airline tickets are frequently non-refundable. Price, choice of hotel, other services, scheduling, etc. are subject to availability and subject to change with no prior notice. You are stongly advised to protect yourself with Travel Insurance.
- Island Dreams Travel strongly recommends that all customers purchase Travel Insurance Protection. Those who fail to do so will be responsible for their own losses.
- Accidents, Illness, Hurricanes and other Natural Disasters: Acts of God and nature can have a severe and costly impact on your travel plans. We strongly advise you to protect yourself with travel insurance. Island Dreams will not be responsible for your losses.
- All bookings made within 14 business days of initial departure will be charged a $35 per booking late fee. There will be a charge of $25 per instance for all client-requested changes requiring a new voucher to be issued. Airline tickets will be charged a flat fee of $50 per ticket issued.
- Passport is Required: All U.S. citizens require a Passport to re-enter the USA from any foreign destination. If you wish to be an international traveler, and don't already have a valid passport, we strongly advise you to apply for your passport immediately. A United States Passport is one of the most valuable possessions you will ever be so fortunate as to own.
- Documentation requirements are subject to change: It is your own responsibility to confirm your documentation status. For further information, please visit http://travel.state.gov
- Important Information Regarding Minors: Minors leaving the U.S. for Mexico MUST have a notarized copy of their birth certificate (a Passport alone is not sufficient), and written notarized permission to travel from any and all of the parent(s) not traveling with the child. Without this documentation, the child will be denied travel by the airline.
Scuba Divers must have a valid Diver Certification Card
- Scuba Divers must have a valid Diver Certification Card. Only certified divers may participate in scuba diving activities. Scuba divers must accept full and complete responsible for themselves, their actions, and their equipment. Divers are expected to supply, or rent, their own gear. The only equipment routinely supplied with dive packages are tanks, weights, and weight belt.
- Diving Liability Waiver: Be advised that the dive operation will require that all divers complete a waiver of liability prior to engaging in diving activities. Travelers unwilling to complete this Waiver of Liability will not be permitted to dive.
Responsibility and Liability
- Responsibility and Liability: Island Dreams, Inc., its officers, employees, agents, and contractors are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss, accident, damage, delay, omission, irregularity or nonperformance occurring in connection with these arrangements. The client understands and accepts all risks associated with any and all activities, and land and water activities engaged in, including but not limited to air travel, car travel, swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, and boating.
- In making use of any services of Island Dreams, Inc., dba Island Dreams Travel, the client accepts, and agrees to abide by, these afore-stated Terms and Conditions. If you are a responsible diver and traveler, we look forward to the pleasure of serving you. However, if you are not willing to accept responsibility for your own actions, please do not do business with Island Dreams Travel.